Will you be taking your children camping this summer? While you are busy searching for the perfect destination, packing the camping gear and planning the fun activities, let us plan your food for you!
We know that arranging the meals while out camping can be tricky. Camping menus need to be easy to put together, easy to store and carry and non-perishable. Moreover, with kids in the picture, the food needs to be attractive and delicious. Of course there also needs to be some meals that can be prepared in a group, over the campfire, for the complete camping experience!
With these 10 yummy kids’ meal ideas for camping, we have ensured all this and more:
1. Breakfast Sandwiches – These healthy sandwiches are great way to start the day. You can also make them as "pies" with canned pie filling, cinnamon and sugar in the middle, topped with cream cheese.
2. Anytime Eggs – Another easy breakfast dish which the children can make themselves and eat heartily too.
3. Camp Kabobs – This is a simple and mess-free kid friendly camping recipe that can be made directly over the fire. Throw in some baked potatoes and bread to make a complete meal
4. Orange rolls – A delicious desert recipe which involves cooking rolls inside an orange over the fire.
5. Walking Tacos – This kids camping recipe can serve as a mid-morning snack or a meal in itself. The best part about it is that it can be prepared right inside a packet and leaves you with no dirty dishes to wash!
6. Chocolate Marshmallows - S’mores Pops. Marshmallows on a stick, dipped in melted chocolate and rolled in crushed grahams. Your kids will love this.
7. Mountain Pies – Get a mountain pie iron, put in 2 slices of buttered bread and a filling inside and bake delicious mountain pies at your camp-fire! The recipe contains multiple filling ideas as well as information on where to buy a mountain pie iron from.
8. Skillet Pizza – All kids love pizza and there is nothing better than a pizza in the outdoors! Make this easy dish in a pan and have fun experimenting with the toppings.
9. Grilled Banana S'mores – A healthy mix of bananas and dark chocolate that can be grilled and eaten while sharing those campfire stories.
10. Campfire Cones – Fill these cones with nuts, fruits and chocolate to make the perfect carry along snack for long hikes.